Monday 15 July 2013

What is engineering?


Hello friends…..

I am Mohammad Gibran Siddiqui, a student of engineering college pursuing civil engineering. I have made this blog so that I can do research on various aspects of civil engineering and post them in this blog which will help me and obviously you all to get updated.

So I give a start to my blog by throwing some light on ENGINEERING.

WHAT IS THE MEANING OF ENGINEERING?


  
The dictionary meaning of engineering is “The branch of science and technology concerned with the design, building, and use of engines, machines and structures”.
But I think this does not explain perfectly what engineering is…
According to me, apart from the basic points mentioned in the definition or meaning of the word engineering, there are other points as well which are very important to be mentioned.
Engineering is not only a branch of science in technology…. as described above but engineering is a branch of science and technology that is concerned with design, building etc. with the concern of its effect on society, economy and environment.
As we all know that earth is running out of its resources and soon our primary sources of energy will get exhausted like coal, petroleum etc. this is due to engineering only, engineering which is done just to satisfy the humans and not the environment.
 
So I think that in today’s time good engineering is engineering which satisfies our as well as environments need, So that we can survive.
One more important point is –
ENGINEERING IS MAKING THE MOST FROM THE LEAST.
(FROM A SUSTAINABLE PROCESS)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

friends please tell me about your views after reading posts. and if you have any queries let me know. I will try to find out answers of your queries and let you know
thanx..!